Please read the list of FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS below before you email us. This will answer most, if not all of your questions. If you have a different question you will find the link to the email contact form below.
**New Coronavirus Procedures**
We are now open for OUTDOOR WINE TASTING ONLY (Noon-5pm). We are open Fridays in June, July, & August, and every Saturday & Sunday, year-round. We have made many changes to our procedures to help ensure a safe environment for our guests and staff. Here are just a few of them:
- NO reservations are required or taken.
- Please note that MASKS are REQUIRED.
- Please remember to practice social distancing.
- Enter the tasting room (with your mask on) and purchase either a flight of wine, a glass of wine, or a bottle of wine. We will pour your entire flight of wine at once -- 4 pours in 4 separate, numbered glasses. We have single-use tasting notes that you will take with you to the patio.
- Then please immediately exit the tasting room through the opposite door (follow the red arrows on the floor), and find a spot at one of the 20 different seating areas on the patio.
- There is NO drinking or loitering in the tasting room. Please only enter the tasting room to make a purchase, pick up wine, or use the restroom.
- The seating areas have been re-positioned to allow 6 feet of space between tables. Please do NOT move the tables.
- There are two different sanitation stations available. We ask that you sanitize your area both before and after use.
- There are two designated areas to return your glasses when you have finished. Please return dirty glasses to these designated areas.
- NO food is available at the winery. If you wish to picnic, please bring your own food items. Please do NOT bring alcoholic beverages.
- We have done away with communal water pitchers and dump buckets. We will provide disposable glasses for those uses.
- If you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick, please STAY HOME. Call or email us instead.
We will do our best to help you remotely.
Tasting Room Hours
Open Saturdays & Sundays Year-Round(Noon-5pm).
Open Fridays (Noon-5pm) during the Summer Months of June, July, &August Only.
Open Some Additional Holidays (Please check Events Page for details).
We do NOT take reservations at Loma Prieta. All tables are first come availability only so arrive early for best seating. All seating is outdoors so please be mindful of the weather. No reserving of the Bocce Court, Giant Chess/Checker Board, or Telescope, all are first come availability.
Picnic Facilities - are for customers only, i.e., club members, wine tasters, or those that have purchased Loma Prieta wines.
Food & Cooking
No food is available for sale at the winery. If you are interested in purchasing picnic items, consider stopping at the Summit Store on your way to visit us.
If you bring food items that need to be kept cold, you MUST bring a cooler with ice, as we do NOT have any refrigeration space available for use.
ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL FROM OUTSIDE SOURCES IS ALLOWED. (Yes, that includes beer and similar alcoholic beverages.)
Please call our tasting room at (408) 353-2950 and listen to the voicemail message. The current tasting fee will be announced as well as other important, updated information, so listen carefully.
We are kid-friendly here at the winery. We ask that you supervise your children at all times, but children are welcome when accompanied by their parents or guardians of the legal drinking age.
We are dog friendly here at the winery however, dogs must be friendly with people as well as other animals. We do ask that you pick up after your pets and have them on a leash at all times.
Can You Support Large Groups
We have a turn around at the top of the driveway that can accommodate limos and small buses. Please keep in mind that there are NO table reservations so you might consider arriving as soon as we open to make sure you find enough tables to accommodate your group.
Private Parties may only be scheduled during times that the winery is NOT open to the public, and is subject to staff availability. This means weekends are NOT available for private parties. You must contact us to schedule your event, pay the fee, and receive confirmation from us to guarantee your date. Please read our Private Party Policy for details.
Loma Prieta does NOT do weddings. Please refer to this list of wineries on Santa Cruz Mountains Wine Association's webpage. We feel certain that you will find the wedding location of your dreams at one of the wineries listed.
Please, NO alcohol from outside sources allowed. (Yes, that includes beer and similar alcoholic beverages.)
Order Wine for Shipment - If you would like to order wine to be shipped to you, please complete the wine order form. After you submit your order form, you will be contacted by phone to confirm your order details and to supply payment information.
Wine Shipping Policy - Buyers must be 21 years of age. An adult signature is required for all deliveries. We suggest shipping to your work address if you are not home during the day. Physical addresses only–no P.O.Boxes. Due to legal restrictions, we cannot ship to all states. Please contact us at 408-353-2950 first if you require shipping outside California to verify if we can ship to your state. Be sure to provide your shipping address on the order form if it is different than your billing address.
Shipping & Handling costs - Shipping & Handling will be included in the confirmation email we will send you upon receiving your order. The flat fee for Shipping & Handling within the state of California: 1-3 Bottles = $20.00; 4-6 Bottles = $25.00; 7-12 Bottles $30.00. Shipping & Handling for all out-of-state shipments (where available) will be the actual UPS delivery cost. All wine is packed in approved wine shippers with styrofoam inserts and shipped UPS ground unless otherwise noted.